Scratched glass in a car is not only unattractive, it is dangerous. Reflects the light in a way that makes visibility difficult for the driver. While most people believe that they should replace auto glass that has a scratch, there is a method of repair that can work in many situations.
- Place the water, glycerin and jeweler rouge in a small bowl and mix well.
- Put some of the mixture in the crack in the glass. Mount the polishing felt in the buffer.
- Start rubbing the compound in the window. Apply pressure gently, do not want to break the glass.
- Let it dry for about 30 seconds. Clean the area with a rag.
- Inspect the area where the scratch was and see if the polish has repaired what the same appearance of the surrounding glass. If not, repeat the process once or twice more as necessary