Blurry glass windshield can make you feel like you’re driving through fog, even was cleared. The dirt road or other vehicles deposits accumulate on the windshield and cause problems if not clean. Dirt on your windshield is not just dirt; may contain salt, tar, tree sap, oil and other liquids. This film layer is a security risk during inclement weather when a few drops of rain transformed the mixture into toxic sludge. Make an effort to keep you safe cleaning your windshield and other auto glass at least once a month.
- Sprinkle the outside of the windshield and windows with a degreasing detergent and water. Auto glass is exposed to oily contaminants and sticky that glass cleaners can cost them penetrate. Rub the glass with a soft cloth. Wash your car and rinse with clean water.
- Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar 1/3. The remaining 2/3 fill with distilled water. Tap water can contain chemicals that cause scratching glass. Make a lid of detergent or neutral pH cleaner. Shake the bottle of glass cleaner to mix the ingredients.
- Spray glass cleaner on the windshield and clean it periodically. Clean from the top of the windshield to the base with broad strokes. Work outside the glass and go in, working in a window at a time. The newspaper has an effect of polished glass and mirrored surfaces.
- Spray wax auto glass, such as those made by Rain-X, Aquarelle or Glass Science, outside your windows. Polish wax through the windshield in a circular motion. Glass wax allows the windshield rain flowing in streams. Apply this product to the lights and the exterior mirrors for improved visibility during storms.
- Pule and dry the glass with a microfiber towel. These towels are lint-free and will not scratch the glass surface of the car.
Tips & Warnings
- Clean your windshield in a shaded area to avoid scratching the glass cleaner.
- Finally detailing your inner glass to prevent contamination of the fog of other cleaning products.
- Some glass cleaners contain ammonia which dries the interior surfaces and emits dangerous fumes when heated.
- The glass cleaner ammonia-based should not be used in the dyeing of aftermarket window.