The windshields of motorcycle are usually made of Plexiglas or polycarbonate plastic. These materials are an alternative glass lightweight, inexpensive and shatterproof that requires special care. Although much safer than glass, polycarbonate, it cannot be cleaned like this or scratch and lose cluster quickly. Motorcycle windshields often are cleaned in excess or with incorrect materials, making them seem clouded. Clean a Plexiglas or plastic with extra care will ensure that it is not permanently scratched or blurry.
- Moisten the surface of the windshield with a damp cloth. If the surface has debris or insects stuck, put the cloth over the windshield to soak the dirtiest areas. Optionally, you can fill a spray bottle with water and wet the surface.
- Damp cloth dipped in water and carefully cleans the windshield. Avoid pressure during the process and let the water remove the maximum amount of dust.
- Rinse the cloth and return to pass through the windshield until all visible residues disappear. Sizes not as thick can make the powder scratch the Plexiglas. If you cannot remove the waste using only water, dilute a small amount of detergent to tackle in a bucket of water and use this solution to clean the windshield.
- Soak the windscreen several times with clean water from the cloth. Repeat this process until all dust and detergent disappears. If the rinse water is extremely dirty, change several times to avoid dirtying again.
- Dry windshield with a clean cloth. The drying process begins only when all visible dirt has been removed. Dry your windshield and carefully pat do not bear too much pressure while you do it.
Tips & Warnings
- Terry cloths are better to clean Plexiglas because they are soft and when they are rinsed free dirt easily. Never use cloths that have been used with chemicals; any residue remaining on the cloth may damage the windshield. You keep a clean cloth to clean the windshield. Avoid using rubber rollers petrol stations or unauthorized cleaners. Consult the manual of Motorcycle Maintenance for a list of approved commercially available cleaners.
- Never clean a windshield motorcycle with traditional glass cleaner. Products containing ammonia or alcohol will damage the Plexiglas when in contact with him. Do not use paper products, such as paper towels to clean the windshield. These contain wood fibers that create small scratches on it.